6/18/2009

LUPE FIASCO REACTS TO ALBUM LEAK, "I WAS ABOUT TO FIRE MY ENTIRE STAFF


Lupe Fiasco has reacted to his new song "Shining Down" leaking online earlier this week and described the drastic measures he was willing to take in order to find out who was responsible.

Writing via his blog, the Chi-town rapper broke down what happened with his alleged first single from the upcoming album Lasers.

"I DON'T LEAK MY OWN RECORD!!!!," he wrote in all caps. "I'M NOT A FAN OF LEAKING RECORDS OR OF DOWNLOADING!!!! My entire first album leaked and possibly cost me from going platinum my first time out as the final estimates of how many people actually downloaded that album illegally was well over half a million...Someone hacked my email. I was about to fire my entire staff and cut off relationships over shining down leaking last night. Bun B hit me and was like 'the records dope' and i was like 'what record?' nobody even has it. the only possible explanation is my email chain with the mix studio (which is air tight...the studio that is) was hacked and thats where the record came from. Lastly, the album is f*cking ridiculous. I dont like to brag or sh*t like that but the album is sooo f*cking crazy at this point 95% done.

No comments: