5/21/2009

JAY-Z CONFIRMS DEF JAM BUYOUT, "NOT EVERY ARTIST CAN SAY THEY OWN ALL THEIR MUSIC"


Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z has confirmed reports which claimed he has purchased the remainder of his business contract with Def Jam Records, including his unreleased Blueprint 3 album obligation.

Jigga kept details to a minimum, however, he did say a conversation with Def Jam executives has already taken place.
"I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and LA Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience and I respect them immensely," Jay said in an interview. "I've been in the family for almost my entire career. Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique 'negotiations' ever. Doug won the toss but, we both won in the end...I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music.

No comments: